Sunday 18 December 2011

Ever wondered about love and submission?


Ephesian's 5 vs. 22-25
I had an interesting experience at a wedding yesterday and this is where I began the to write the content of this blog. As I sat at a wedding reception these words were began to bubble in my spirit. ''A wife will submit to love and a husband will love submission''
Take a moment to think on these words. Have you ever noticed that these two stimuli generally bring a response from our spouses? When her husband gives his wife unconditional love her natural response is to submit to him and add value to his life. Her wifely anointing if I can put t that was blossoms in an environment of love. Do we as husbands ever take time to give our wives the love they need. I have learnt that most husbands I meet really do love their wives but often the expression of that love leaves a lot to be desired. And guys I am not just shooting at you here because I also make mistakes in this area. Thank God for Dr. Garry Chapman’s book the 5 love languages. I still desperately press in to find ways of expressing my love to my wife. I noticed that she is different from me. I thing will work for me all the time while her book is thick and difficult to read and you need to know what to do on what day and at what time and with what intensity. There is no one size fits all for loving her. Please pray for me guys I need your support.
Marriage was designed by God to be a place where the love factor and the honor factor is met. When there is a shortfall of these we feel incomplete and unhappy and sometimes its difficult to tell what it is. Symptoms are wives becomes closed up, withdrawn and they loose their spark. Men become irritable, edgy and impatient. If you are seeing these in your spouse you need to work on the exercise prescribed by Pastorxtreme below. Try you have nothing to loose and lots to gain.
Here is a little exercise for you to do. Just hope your spouse has not yet read this blog so you can really surprise them. If they have just pretend like you don’t know anything about the blog. Choose your time wisely and go to your spouse and ask this question. (Husband) Honey please teach me to love you. How can I love you better? I want to love you the way you want to be loved. I promise you brother that day when you.... Heaven will come down. (I tried it worked will try again later today) You might need to take time to listen as she pours out her heart. Don't stop her half as that might cause problems for you let her speak take notes (in your head) and try and do at least two things immediately and the rewards will motivate you to do the rest.
Her response to your love naturally would be to submit and you will be motivated further. For the wife here is your question ''love I really want to be more submitted to you. I want you to know you are the man in my life I really look up to you. Thank you for being my covering'' with most men if you say this they will be so shocked they will say something sweet and confused because they are not used to it.
But when you do this in word and attitude and in bed you will not need to beg for anything except mercy when you get electrocuted by love... God gave us these love and submission instructions several times in His word and we so often ignore them. What would happen in our marriages if we made a practice of loving and submitting to one another? We will be married and loving it.

Remember women submit to love and men love submission so be generous and see you marriage go up a notch. Be blessed and let God do a great work in you. From your loving pastors that are married and loving it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good word

jongumuzi lobati said...

Thank God for fathers who teach us how relationships and marriage is to be handled. Thank you....

Anonymous said...

Shandandanda... wwoooo!!! this is powerful staff. it almost set me off into prayig in tongues. Pastor you are such a blessing. i will defo do this today!! cant wait to beg for mercy.. lol!